Car USB chargers are one of the most important car accessories you can have. They allow you to charge your devices while on the go, and they can be a lifesaver when you’re in a bind.
But with so many different types and brands on the market, it can be tough to know which one to buy. In this blog post, we’ll break down everything you need to know about car USB chargers so that you can make the best decision for your needs.
What are car USB chargers and how do they work?
USB Car Charger: also commonly referred to as a USB car charger for short. It takes advantage of USB’s versatility and is widely used in various charging interfaces.
Combined with the application in the car, the 12V DC and 24V DC in the car are converted into the common DC 5V voltage of USB and all charging appliances. In this way, the standard power supply and USB interface on the car can be used to charge the DC 5V electrical appliances.
The working principle of the car charger is to convert the 12V voltage of the cigarette lighter socket to 5V USB voltage, and charge the electronic products through the charging cable. Generally speaking, the car charger converts 12V-36V (12-24V for cars, 36V for trucks) DC power into 5V DC power to charge on-board mobile devices.
Do all cars have USB ports?
Not all vehicles have their own USB ports. But as long as your car cigarette lighter interface, you can buy an additional USB car charger to bring convenience to your travel
What types of devices can you charge with a USB charger?
Such as: mobile phones, MP3, navigators, game consoles and all other 5V DC electrical appliances.
Tips for choosing the right car USB charger
Ordinary car charger or fast charge:
Ordinary fast charging: support 2.1A, 2.4A, more suitable for iphone mobile phones and some mobile phones that do not support fast charging Fast charging:
fast charging generally must support the fast-charging protocol, and the fast charging protocol for car charging is not uniform, and there will be differences between different brands, so before purchasing a car charger, you must determine which mobile phone supports A fast charging protocol.
Wired or wireless:
With the continuous development of electronic and digital, the car charger has also experienced the development from wired to wireless. Wireless can get rid of the shackles of wired, and it will be more convenient to use.
The number of charging ports:
Generally, the car is full of two or three ports, which can be determined by the individual according to the daily use situation.
Before buying a car charger, it is necessary to determine whether the car charger has protection functions such as overcurrent, overvoltage, and overheating. The overcharge protection function can protect the mobile phone and avoid the damage caused by overcharging to the mobile phone.
Car charger material:
Car charger materials are generally divided into plastic and metal. In addition to the texture of metal car chargers, the safety performance is higher than that of plastic ones. If you choose plastic car chargers, remember to choose ABS flame retardant material.
How do you use a USB charger in your car?
- The USB car charger should not be used at high temperatures, especially when the temperature inside the car is too high in summer (usually over 45°C), remember to unplug the car charger, and try to avoid knocking, throwing, and vibrating the car charger in normal use, otherwise it is easy to damage the internal circuit board.
- Do not plug in the USB car charger before the vehicle engine is started, otherwise the voltage at startup may damage the car charger.
- Some strong cleaning agents and chemicals will cause serious corrosion damage to the USB car charger, so you must pay attention when cleaning.
- Remember to unplug the USB car charger after the vehicle is turned off. Although the cigarette lighters of many vehicles will stop supplying power after the key is removed, there are still many vehicles that continue to supply power.
- The USB car charger should also avoid water entry, or place it in a humid environment for a long time, otherwise the internal components are prone to oxidation and corrosion.
Therefore, in the selection of USB car chargers, we strongly recommend BITUO’s BTC series USB car chargers. On the premise of ensuring safe use, taking into account the beauty, it must be an indispensable product in your life and work. For more information, please visit www.bituoelec.com.